Friday, February 03, 2012

Knees

Didn't realize how long it has been since I posted here. The day before Thanksgiving I sprained my foot and was put in an Aircast walking boot. That thing was uncomfortable and cause me to walk a little weird. It caused my right knee to get aggravated and thus increasing the pain. My ankle/foot is slowly getting better. Currently it is in a thinner brace and recently started physical therapy.

I was finally able to get into see my orthopedic surgeon yesterday about my right knee. Mike and I talked to the surgeon about possible surgery. My doctor would like to put off surgery for as many years as possible. He said my situation is tricky. The arthritis is primarily in my knee caps and doing a total knee replacement on either knee will not necessarily help the pain at all. It is kinda a let down and depressing to hear that. I was able to get a prescription for a little stronger pain med and also got a cortisone shot in my right knee. The numbing medication in the shot helped right away, but of course has worn off....just waiting for the cortisone to kick in. Hopefully this will help for a few weeks.

No comments: