Thursday, July 21, 2011

Just been thinking

First off, I want y'all to know that I am not writing this to complain or say "woe is me". I just have this strong feeling that I need to share.

I was recently thinking about the last couple years. I have dealt w/ depression for the past 10yrs. I am one of many that has to be on medication to help keep my serotonin at a normal level (aka helping me to keep the depression at a level able to deal with). With all the surgeries & pain I have had, it just made it more & more difficult to handle. Part of it being that I have been stuck inside WAY to LONG. I have not been able to be active, because it would cause tremendous pain & would take 2-3 days to recover from. Mike has been a loving & supportive husband, doing everything he could to help pull me out. Some days all he could do was let me cry on his shoulder for hours. Over the past 2 years, I have more instances of the deeper depression. Meaning I would cry most of the day, not do anything & even have a difficult time forcing myself to get out of bed. Lately things have been getting better.

I love my two babies (Andre & Sprinkles) so much, but Sprinkles really was what I needed. My depression was getting worse...just in a DOWNWARD spiral. When we first adopted our cat Andre, he helped some with my depression, not much though. When we got Sprinkles, it just changed things. Her spunky, pistol attitude rubbed off. Mike & my parents have even noticed the change in my mood. I feel more control over the depression, instead of the reverse. It is nice to feel like I am getting more & more control over my life. I am incredibly thankful that the Lord lead my mom to pick Sprinkles from that litter of kittens being given away outside of Walmart. I am thankful that my mom followed those promptings. Not only has Sprinkles helped me, but she has also helped Andre. His is slowly adapting to his new home here & he began progressing faster after she joined our family.

I want to thank all of my family & friends for their support through all I have dealt with & I know they will be there for the things that are still coming. THANKS AGAIN & I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!! <3 <3

Lovice :-)

No comments: