Wednesday, June 08, 2011

The Pledge

I have a personal pet peeve with the reciting of The Pledge of Allegiance.

Why is it that people seem to insist on putting a pause between the two phrases "one nation" and "under god"?

The actual text reads "one nation under god," with no punctuation in the middle. No excuse to stop.

As a unit commissioner, I've attended two pack meetings in the last week where I've had to have the boys pull out their scout handbook and reread the text.

The only way to correct this atrocious habit that society teaches is to point out to people their mistake when they make it.

Please don't let me catch you making this mistake.

- Mike

4 comments:

Jess said...

I pause to think in Gratitude that we are one nation under God. I love the pause, it gives me a moment to reflect. Just my opinion.

Michael Briggs said...

It's good that you give thanks to God. Just pause at the end of the phrase and give thanks. Not in the middle.

Jess said...

No thanks. =)

Jess said...

No thanks. =)